Our unique analysis of the bills Smith sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1990. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Smith is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5218 (101st): To establish a National Demonstration Program for Educational Performance Agreements for School ...
- H.Res. 407 (101st): That the House of Representatives urges the President to instruct the Attorney ...
- H.R. 4063 (101st): Lake Champlain Special Designation Act of 1990
- H.R. 4004 (101st): Bovine Growth Hormone Moratorium Act of 1990
- H.R. 3347 (101st): To establish a National Demonstration Program for Educational Performance Agreements for School ...
- H.R. 3257 (101st): Stratospheric Ozone Layer Protection Act
- H.R. 3258 (101st): Critical Languages and Area Studies Program Assistance Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1989 to Oct 1990, Smith missed 67 of 904 roll call votes, which is 7.4%. This is worse than the median of 4.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills