Rep. Peter Torkildsen
Former Representative from Massachusetts’s 6th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Massachusetts's 6th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Torkildsen sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Torkildsen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Torkildsen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3892 (104th): D’Oench Duhme Reform Act
- H.R. 2959 (104th): To repeal the requirement enacted in the National Defense Authorization Act for ...
- H.R. 2806 (104th): Venture Capital Marketing Association Charter Act
- H.R. 2715 (104th): Paperwork Elimination Act of 1996
- H.R. 2471 (104th): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to reduce the ...
- H.R. 2447 (104th): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to prohibit nonparty ...
- H.R. 2188 (104th): To establish in the Department of the Interior the Essex National Heritage ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Sep 1996, Torkildsen missed 67 of 2,462 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills