Our unique analysis of the bills Welch has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Welch is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Welch for more statistics.
Peter Welch sits on the following committees:
Welch sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Welch’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5906: To direct the Federal Communications Commission to adopt rules and conduct outreach to ...
- H.R. 4998: Nuclear Plant Decommissioning Act of 2016
- H.R. 3737: Responsibly Paying Our Nation’s Bills Act
- H.R. 3582: Digital Learning Equity Act of 2015
- H.R. 3426: American Renewable Energy and Efficiency Act
- H.R. 3265: Student Financial Aid Simplification Act
- H.R. 3266: Smart Manufacturing Leadership Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Jul 2016, Welch missed 168 of 7,521 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 15 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: