Our unique analysis of the bills Hare sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hare is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hare was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 516 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2105 East Cook Street in Springfield, Illinois, as the “Colonel John H. Wilson, Jr. Post ...
- H.R. 995 (110th): To amend Public Law 106-348 to extend the authorization for establishing a memorial in the District of Columbia or its environs to honor veterans who became disabled ...
- H.R. 521 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2633 11th Street in Rock Island, Illinois, as the “Lane Evans Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hare sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (21%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Education (16%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Labor and Employment (9%) Economics and Public Finance (7%) Social Welfare (7%) Transportation and Public Works (5%)
Some of Hare’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6262 (111th): Jobs Through Procurement Act
- H.R. 6268 (111th): Wage Theft Prevention and Community Partnership Act
- H.Res. 1639 (111th): Recognizing the contributions of the National Waterways Conference on the occasion of ...
- H.Res. 1366 (111th): Recognizing and honoring the freight railroad industry and its employees.
- H.R. 5270 (111th): Improving Access to Workers’ Compensation for Injured Federal Workers Act
- H.R. 5041 (111th): SEAM Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1089 (111th): Recognizing the 150th anniversary of Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois.
|Hare’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1908 (110th): Patent Reform Act of 2007
Sep 7, 2007. Passed 220/175.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Hare missed 41 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 26 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills