Our unique analysis of the bills English sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). English is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
English sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (17%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (17%) Commerce (15%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Health (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Social Welfare (8%)
Some of English’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7145 (110th): People for the Planet Act of 2008
- H.R. 7044 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a temporary ...
- H.Res. 1495 (110th): Supporting the goals and ideals of National Assisted Living Week.
- H.R. 7014 (110th): NAFTA Modernization Trade Negotiating Authority Act
- H.Res. 1444 (110th): Expressing the Sense of the House of Representatives that the Susquehanna River ...
- H.R. 6730 (110th): Fort Presque Isle National Historic Site Act of 2008
- H.R. 6152 (110th): Family Relief and Economic Stimulus Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2008, English missed 226 of 9,048 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: