Our unique analysis of the bills Hayes sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1976. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hayes is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hayes sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hayes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 12764 (94th): A bill to terminate the authorization of the navigation study and survey ...
- H.R. 12246 (94th): National Climate Program Act
- H.R. 11111 (94th): National Climate Program Act
- H.R. 10402 (94th): National Climate Program Act
- H.R. 10013 (94th): National Climate Program Act
- H.R. 9558 (94th): Financial Disclosure Act
- H.R. 9557 (94th): Payments in Lieu of Taxes Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Oct 1976, Hayes missed 184 of 1,273 roll call votes, which is 14.5%. This is worse than the median of 8.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills