Hayes, a Democrat, was the representative for Indiana's 8th congressional district from 1975 to 1976.
Hayes is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1976 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hayes sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Hayes sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hayes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 12764 (94th): A bill to terminate the authorization of the navigation study and survey ...
- H.R. 12246 (94th): National Climate Program Act
- H.R. 11111 (94th): National Climate Program Act
- H.R. 10402 (94th): National Climate Program Act
- H.R. 10013 (94th): National Climate Program Act
- H.R. 9559 (94th): Public Disclosure of Lobbying Act
- H.R. 9558 (94th): Financial Disclosure Act
From Jan 1975 to Oct 1976, Hayes missed 184 of 1,273 roll call votes, which is 14.5%. This is worse than the median of 8.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills