Our unique analysis of the bills Goss sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Goss is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Goss’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4584 (108th): Directing Community Integration Act
- H.R. 4548 (108th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2005
- H.Res. 451 (108th): Waiving points of order against the conference report to accompany the bill ...
- H.R. 2417 (108th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2004
- H.Res. 97 (108th): Providing amounts for the expenses of the House Permanent Select Committee on ...
- H.Res. 608 (107th): Waiving a requirement of clause 6(a) of rule XIII with respect to ...
- H.Res. 508 (107th): Providing for consideration of motions to suspend the rules.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1989 to Sep 2004, Goss missed 222 of 8,844 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is better than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills