Alleged misconduct & resolution
On June 28, Rep. Jayapal was arrested for crowding, obstructing, or incommoding, during a protest inside a Senate Office Building in Washington, D.C. The House Committee on Ethics concluded that no further investigation was needed since Rep. Jayapal had paid a $50 fine and charges were dropped.
|Jun. 25, 2018||House Committee on Ethics concluded that no further investigation was needed since Rep. Jayapal had paid a $50 fine and charges were dropped.|
Read our 2018 Report Card for Jayapal.
Jayapal is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Jayapal has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 13, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Pramila Jayapal sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Education and Labor
Jayapal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jayapal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3906: Detention Oversight, Not Expansion Act
- H.R. 3760: Domestic Workers Bill of Rights Act
- H.R. 3472: College for All Act of 2019
- H.R. 3131: South Asian Heart Health Awareness and Research Act of 2019
- H.Res. 409: Supporting the goals and ideals of the month of May as Sex Ed ...
- H.R. 2415: Dignity for Detained Immigrants Act of 2019
- H.R. 2034: Dignity Act
From Jan 2017 to Sep 2019, Jayapal missed 25 of 1,740 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: