Read our 2017 Report Card for Jayapal.
Jayapal is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Jayapal has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Pramila Jayapal sits on the following committees:
Jayapal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jayapal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5820: To prohibit the expansion of immigration detention facilities, to improve the oversight of ...
- H.Res. 855: Recognizing the Nordic Heritage Museum in Seattle, Washington, as the National Nordic Museum.
- H.Res. 674: Honoring the life and legacy of Alan Rabinowitz for his immeasurable contributions to ...
- H.Res. 672: Honoring Edgar Martínez for excellence in his career as a professional baseball player ...
- H.Con.Res. 77: Condemning fear-mongering, racism, anti-Semitism, bigotry, and violence perpetrated by hate groups.
- H.R. 3592: South Asian Heart Health Awareness and Research Act of 2017
- H.Res. 471: Recognizing the 100th anniversary of the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, in Ballard, Washington.
|Jayapal’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5698: Protect and Serve Act of 2018
May 16, 2018. Passed 382/35.
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.Res. 599: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to United States policy towards Yemen, and for other purposes.
Nov 13, 2017. Passed 366/30.
H.R. 2825: DHS Authorization Act of 2017
Jul 20, 2017. Passed 386/41.
H.R. 2825 authorizes the activities of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and provides necessary oversight and guidance to the Department to ensure that it is effectively carrying out the mission of securing the homeland. A full section-by-section of the legislation can be found here ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to May 2018, Jayapal missed 18 of 919 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: