Our unique analysis of the bills Emanuel sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Emanuel is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Emanuel was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Emanuel sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (16%) Taxation (16%) Finance and Financial Sector (14%) Commerce (13%) Labor and Employment (11%) Social Welfare (10%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Families (9%)
Some of Emanuel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1527 (110th): Congratulating the members of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Teams on ...
- H.Res. 1426 (110th): Electing a Member to a certain standing committee of the House of ...
- H.R. 6570 (110th): New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act
- H.Res. 1342 (110th): Electing certain Members to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
- H.R. 6371 (110th): Earned Income Credit Information Act of 2008
- H.Res. 1256 (110th): Electing certain Members to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
- H.R. 6036 (110th): Lifelong Learning Accounts Act of 2008
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2008, Emanuel missed 146 of 4,311 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 25 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: