Read our 2017 Report Card for Krishnamoorthi.
Krishnamoorthi is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Krishnamoorthi has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Raja Krishnamoorthi sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Krishnamoorthi was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 4574: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 108 West Schick Road in Bloomingdale, Illinois, as the “Bloomingdale Veterans Memorial Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Krishnamoorthi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Krishnamoorthi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1013: Celebrating civic advocacy in the United States and supporting the designation of July ...
- H.R. 6359: To direct the head of each department and agency of the United States ...
- H.R. 5761: Ending Maternal Mortality Act of 2018
- H.R. 5741: Military Research and Development Act
- H.R. 5564: Help Students Vote Act
- H.R. 5516: Investing in American Workers Act
- H.R. 5495: Congressional Oversight Needed For Likely Illicit and Corrupt Transactions Act
|Krishnamoorthi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5682: FIRST STEP Act
May 22, 2018. Passed 360/59.
H.R. 5682 requires the Department of Justice (DOJ) to develop and apply a risk and needs assessment system to identify a prisoner’s risk and assign them to appropriate evidence-based programming. Prisoners can earn incentives for participating in the programming. Prison reform initiatives have demonstrated success ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2018, Krishnamoorthi missed 2 of 1,089 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: