Read our 2017 Report Card for Krishnamoorthi.
Krishnamoorthi is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Krishnamoorthi has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Raja Krishnamoorthi sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Krishnamoorthi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Krishnamoorthi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4658: Protecting Students from Worthless Degrees Act
- H.R. 4574: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 108 ...
- H.R. 4348: KREMLIN Act
- H.Res. 575: Recognizing the religious and historical significance of the festival of Diwali.
- H.R. 4018: To provide for a 3-day waiting period before a person may receive a ...
- H.R. 3980: Hate Crimes Commission Act of 2017
- H.Res. 493: Recognizing the dangers of distracted driving.
|Krishnamoorthi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Feb 2018, Krishnamoorthi missed 2 of 790 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: