Read our 2018 Report Card for Krishnamoorthi.
Krishnamoorthi is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Krishnamoorthi has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Raja Krishnamoorthi sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Reform
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
Krishnamoorthi was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 4574 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 108 West Schick Road in Bloomingdale, Illinois, as the “Bloomingdale Veterans Memorial Post Office Building”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Krishnamoorthi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (31%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Health (9%) Education (9%) Transportation and Public Works (6%) Taxation (6%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Krishnamoorthi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5286: To amend the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to establish a ...
- H.R. 5241: To provide consumer protections for students.
- H.R. 5012: Investing in American Workers Act
- H.R. 4624: Ending Nicotine Dependence from Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems Act of 2019
- H.Res. 595: Commemorating the 150th anniversary of the birth of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
- H.R. 4211: Animal Welfare Enforcement Improvement Act
- H.R. 4118: Hate Crimes Commission Act of 2019
From Jan 2017 to Dec 2019, Krishnamoorthi missed 5 of 1,866 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: