Read our 2018 Report Card for Abraham.
Abraham is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Abraham has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ralph Abraham sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Armed Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Intelligence and Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Personnel
Abraham was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2941: Kisatchie National Forest Land Conveyance Act
- H.R. 5588 (114th): Veterans’ Compensation COLA Act of 2016
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Abraham sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (35%) Health (13%) Social Welfare (9%) Taxation (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Animals (9%) Agriculture and Food (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%)
Some of Abraham’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1495: Income Verification Act
- H.R. 1238: To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to treat certain planted soybean crops as ...
- H.R. 837: Chronic Wasting Disease Transmission in Cervidae Study Act
- H.R. 7147: To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to treat certain planted soybean crops as ...
- H.R. 6932: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to improve home health ...
- H.R. 6272: Chronic Wasting Disease Transmission in Cervidae Study Act
- H.R. 5016: Revitalize Rural America Act of 2018
From Jan 2015 to May 2019, Abraham missed 114 of 2,763 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: