Read our 2017 Report Card for Norman.
Norman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Norman has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ralph Norman Jr. sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Small Business
Norman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Norman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6164: To prohibit the National Endowment for the Arts to make grants for housing.
- H.R. 6100: Eliminate the Commission to Nowhere Act of 2018
- H.R. 6061: FLY Act
- H.R. 6023: EDA Elimination Act of 2018
- H.R. 5995: To prohibit the National Endowment for the Arts to make grants to demonstrate ...
- H.R. 5947: To repeal the Asia Foundation Act, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5860: Putting Our First-Responders First Act of 2018
|Norman’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 796: Providing for consideration of H.R. 1625: Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018
Mar 22, 2018. Passed 211/207.
With this vote, the House agreed to consider the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 for one hour with no amendments allowed. The Consolidated Appropriations Act adds new text into the pre-existing bill H.R. 1625, the TARGET Act. As of Mar. 22, 2018, H.R. 1625 has ...
H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018; Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018; SUSTAIN Care Act of 2018; Honoring Hometown Heroes Act
Feb 9, 2018. Passed 240/186.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of funding for the federal government through March 23, 2018, to avert a government shutdown that would have occurred on February 9, 2018 had this bill not been enacted. The bill was introduced as the Honoring Hometown Heroes ...
S. 139: Rapid DNA Act of 2017
Jan 11, 2018. Passed 256/164.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the FISA Amendments Reauthorization Act of 2017. The bill would extend so-called "section 702" government surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. The bill was originally introduced and passed the Senate in 2017 as the Rapid DNA ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.Res. 569: Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements Act, 2017
Oct 12, 2017. Passed 353/69.
This resolution rewrote the text of H.R. 2266 to be the Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements Act, 2017, and sent the new text of H.R. 2266 back to the Senate for approval. The text of the bill can be found in this resolution.
From Jun 2017 to Jun 2018, Norman missed 9 of 675 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- House Office of Photography, via Wikimedia and Facebook for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills