Our unique analysis of the bills Cunningham sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cunningham is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Cunningham was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 218 (108th): Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004
- H.R. 5461 (106th): Shark Finning Prohibition Act
- H.R. 4182 (106th): Worker Economic Opportunity Act
- H.R. 4248 (105th): Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp Promotion Act
- H.R. 3269 (104th): Impact Aid Technical Amendments of 1996
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Cunningham sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Law (15%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Commerce (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Environmental Protection (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Energy (9%)
Some of Cunningham’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2587 (109th): To make amendments to the Reclamation Projects Authorization and Adjustment Act of ...
- H.R. 1834 (109th): Efficient Energy Through Certified Technology and Electricity Reliability (EFFECTER) Act of 2005
- H.R. 1336 (109th): To amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States to clarify ...
- H.Res. 89 (109th): Recognizing the 100th anniversary of the American Thoracic Society, celebrating its achievements, ...
- H.R. 457 (109th): Men’s Health Act of 2005
- H.R. 302 (109th): Filipino Veterans Equity Act of 2005
- H.R. 320 (109th): Tax Incentives to Encourage Recycling Act of 2005
From Jan 1991 to Nov 2005, Cunningham missed 238 of 8,620 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2005. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: