Read our 2016 Report Card for Neugebauer.
Our unique analysis of the bills Neugebauer sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Neugebauer is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Neugebauer was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 23 (114th): National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
- H.R. 26 (114th): Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2015
- H.R. 1632 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5014 Gary Avenue in Lubbock, Texas, as the “Sergeant Chris Davis Post Office”.
- H.R. 5565 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5014 Gary Avenue in Lubbock, Texas, as the “Sergeant Chris Davis Post Office”.
- H.R. 482 (109th): Pine Springs Land Exchange Act
- H.R. 5540 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 217 Southeast 2nd Street in Dimmitt, Texas, as the “Sergeant Jacob Dan Dones Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Neugebauer sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Neugebauer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5465 (114th): To repeal section 1075 of the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010 ...
- H.R. 5223 (114th): To deauthorize the Salt Creek project in Graham, Texas.
- H.R. 5027 (114th): To amend the Federal Reserve Act to adjust the circumstances under which ...
- H.Res. 425 (114th): Expressing support for designation of September 2015 as “National Prostate Cancer Awareness ...
- H.R. 2352 (114th): State, Tribal, and Local Species Transparency and Recovery Act
- H.R. 2205 (114th): Data Security Act of 2015
- H.R. 1798 (114th): To prohibit the Department of the Treasury from assigning tax statuses to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Neugebauer’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed 203/224.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jun 2003 to Dec 2016, Neugebauer missed 176 of 9,859 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. ProPublica has tracked 122 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: