Neugebauer was the representative for Texas’s 19th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2003 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Neugebauer.
Neugebauer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Neugebauer sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Neugebauer was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 23 (114th): National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
- H.R. 26 (114th): Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2015
- H.R. 1632 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5014 Gary Avenue in Lubbock, Texas, as the “Sergeant Chris Davis Post Office”.
- H.R. 482 (109th): Pine Springs Land Exchange Act
- H.R. 5540 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 217 Southeast 2nd Street in Dimmitt, Texas, as the “Sergeant Jacob Dan Dones Post Office”.
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Neugebauer sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Neugebauer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5465 (114th): To repeal section 1075 of the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010 ...
- H.R. 5223 (114th): To deauthorize the Salt Creek project in Graham, Texas.
- H.R. 5027 (114th): To amend the Federal Reserve Act to adjust the circumstances under which ...
- H.Res. 425 (114th): Expressing support for designation of September 2015 as “National Prostate Cancer Awareness ...
- H.R. 2352 (114th): State, Tribal, and Local Species Transparency and Recovery Act
- H.R. 2205 (114th): Data Security Act of 2015
- H.R. 1798 (114th): To prohibit the Department of the Treasury from assigning tax statuses to ...
From Jun 2003 to Dec 2016, Neugebauer missed 176 of 9,859 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: