Neugebauer was the representative for Texas’s 19th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2003 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Neugebauer.
Neugebauer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Neugebauer sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Neugebauer was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 23 (114th): National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act Reauthorization of 2015
- H.R. 26 (114th): Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2015
- H.R. 1632 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5014 Gary Avenue in Lubbock, Texas, as the “Sergeant Chris Davis Post Office”.
- H.R. 482 (109th): Pine Springs Land Exchange Act
- H.R. 5540 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 217 Southeast 2nd Street in Dimmitt, Texas, as the “Sergeant Jacob Dan Dones Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Neugebauer sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Neugebauer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5465 (114th): To repeal section 1075 of the Consumer Financial Protection Act of 2010 ...
- H.R. 5223 (114th): To deauthorize the Salt Creek project in Graham, Texas.
- H.R. 5027 (114th): To amend the Federal Reserve Act to adjust the circumstances under which ...
- H.Res. 425 (114th): Expressing support for designation of September 2015 as “National Prostate Cancer Awareness ...
- H.R. 2352 (114th): State, Tribal, and Local Species Transparency and Recovery Act
- H.R. 2205 (114th): Data Security Act of 2015
- H.R. 1798 (114th): To prohibit the Department of the Treasury from assigning tax statuses to ...
|Neugebauer’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute enacted by the 112th United States Congress and signed into law by US President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
H.R. 1473 (112th): Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
Apr 14, 2011. Passed 260/167.
From Jun 2003 to Dec 2016, Neugebauer missed 176 of 9,859 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: