Read our 2016 Report Card for Grijalva.
Our unique analysis of the bills Grijalva has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Grijalva is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Raúl Grijalva sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Natural Resources
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training
Grijalva was the primary sponsor of 10 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1075: To designate the United States Customs and Border Protection Port of Entry located at First Street and Pan American Avenue in Douglas, Arizona, as the “Raul Hector Castro ...
- H.R. 507 (113th): Pascua Yaqui Tribe Trust Land Act
- H.R. 3319 (112th): To allow the Pascua Yaqui Tribe to determine the requirements for membership in that tribe.
- H.R. 586 (112th): To designate the United States courthouse under construction at 98 West First Street, Yuma, Arizona, as the “John M. Roll United States Courthouse”.
- H.R. 3739 (110th): To amend the Arizona Water Settlements Act to modify the requirements for the statement of findings.
- H.R. 1885 (110th): Santa Cruz Valley National Heritage Area Act
- H.R. 5857 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1501 South Cherrybell Avenue in Tucson, Arizona, as the “Morris K. ‘Mo’ Udall Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Grijalva sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Grijalva’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 502: To permanently reauthorize the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- H.R. 360: To designate the Greater Grand Canyon Heritage National Monument in the State of ...
- H.R. 6508: Preventing Preventable Earthquakes Act
- H.R. 6342: Traveling Exotic Animal and Public Safety Protection Act
- H.R. 5695: Veterans Visa and Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5556: Great Bend of the Gila National Monument Establishment Act
- H.R. 5488: Voting Access Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Grijalva’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2003 to Jan 2017, Grijalva missed 691 of 10,160 roll call votes, which is 6.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: