2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Grijalva »
Our unique analysis of the bills Grijalva has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Grijalva is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Raúl Grijalva sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Natural Resources
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training
Grijalva sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Grijalva’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 708: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the immigration policies of ...
- H.Res. 663: Supporting the goals and ideals of “National Middle Level Education Month”.
- H.R. 4644: PRIDE Act
- H.R. 4643: Families Learning and Understanding English Together Act of 2016
- H.R. 4623: Right to Rent Act of 2016
- H.R. 4323: Abandoned Mine Reclamation Safety Act
- H.Res. 575: Expressing disapproval of the occupation of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge by a group ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Apr 2016, Grijalva missed 637 of 9,658 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: