Our unique analysis of the bills Ruiz has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ruiz is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Ruiz for more statistics.
Raul Ruiz sits on the following committees:
Ruiz sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (24%) Health (21%) Native Americans (15%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Labor and Employment (9%) Commerce (6%) Emergency Management (6%)
Some of Ruiz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5884: To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to prohibit a candidate ...
- H.R. 5885: To require the Clerk of the House of Representatives and the Secretary of ...
- H.R. 5772: BENES Act of 2016
- H.R. 5700: NEST Act
- H.R. 5701: Grandparent-Grandchild Medical Leave Act
- H.R. 5678: Stop Iran From Smuggling Weapons to Terrorists Act
- H.R. 5677: U.S.-Israel Partnership to Hold Iran Accountable Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Ruiz missed 93 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 30 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: