Ruiz is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ruiz has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Aug 5, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Raul Ruiz sits on the following committees:
Ruiz was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 667: Desert Sage Youth Wellness Center Access Improvement Act
- H.R. 1708: Tribal Health Care Protection Fund Act
- H.R. 2477 (116th): BENES Act of 2020
- H.R. 6282 (116th): Commission on America’s Medical Security Act
- H.R. 4930 (116th): Wounded Veterans Recreation Act
- H.R. 1839 (116th): Medicaid Services Investment and Accountability Act of 2019
- H.R. 5605 (115th): Advancing High Quality Treatment for Opioid Use Disorders in Medicare Act
Does 9 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Ruiz sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Ruiz recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8675: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide an employer credit …
- H.R. 8676: To require the Secretary of the Interior to take certain measures with respect …
- H.R. 8673: To support the education of Indian children.
- H.R. 8674: To require the Secretary of Labor to carry out a pilot program to …
- H.R. 8479: Desert Lands Protection Act
- H.R. 8430: To direct the Secretary of Defense to establish an outreach program to inform …
- H.R. 8151: Building a Sustainable Workforce for Healthy Communities Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2022, Ruiz missed 102 of 5,559 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: