2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Ruiz »
Our unique analysis of the bills Ruiz has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ruiz is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Raul Ruiz sits on the following committees:
Ruiz sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (30%) Native Americans (15%) Health (15%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (11%) Labor and Employment (7%) Commerce (7%) Emergency Management (7%) Government Operations and Politics (7%)
Some of Ruiz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4882: Cesar Chavez National Historical Park Act
- H.R. 4837: S.O.S. Veterans Caregivers Act
- H.R. 4150: Department of Veterans Affairs Emergency Medical Staffing Recruitment and Retention Act
- H.R. 2691: Veterans’ Survivors Claims Processing Automation Act of 2015
- H.R. 1008: Increasing American Jobs Through More Exports Act
- H.R. 1005: Renewable Energy Jobs Act
- H.R. 1006: Building a Health Care Workforce for the Future Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2016, Ruiz missed 93 of 2,086 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 30 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: