Our unique analysis of the bills Kogovsek sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1984. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kogovsek is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Kogovsek sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (22%) Water Resources Development (20%) Taxation (13%) Native Americans (13%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Labor and Employment (9%) Environmental Protection (9%) Energy (7%)
Some of Kogovsek’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6167 (98th): Comprehensive Oil Shale Leasing Amendments of 1984
- H.R. 6166 (98th): A bill to declare that certain land formerly used as a site ...
- H.R. 5426 (98th): Colorado Wilderness Additions Act of 1984
- H.R. 5103 (98th): A bill for the relief of Jose Alemparte.
- H.R. 4463 (98th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 and the ...
- H.J.Res. 424 (98th): A joint resolution to designate the year 1984 as the “Year of ...
- H.R. 4176 (98th): A bill to confirm the boundaries of the Southern Ute Indian Reservation ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Oct 1984, Kogovsek missed 237 of 2,994 roll call votes, which is 7.9%. This is on par with the median of 7.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1984. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills