Ellmers was the representative for North Carolina’s 2nd congressional district and was a Republican. She served from 2011 to 2016.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Ellmers.
Ellmers is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ellmers sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Ellmers sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ellmers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5960 (114th): Consumer Healthcare Insurance Transparency Act of 2016
- H.R. 5913 (114th): Diesel Emissions Reduction Act of 2016
- H.R. 5336 (114th): Taxpayer-Funded Travel Transparency Act of 2016
- H.R. 5074 (114th): To prohibit the provision of Federal funds to any State or local …
- H.R. 5045 (114th): Preserving Access to Modern Prosthetic Limbs Act of 2016
- H.R. 5001 (114th): Flexibility in Electronic Health Record Reporting Act
- H.R. 4778 (114th): Title X Transparency Act
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Ellmers missed 182 of 4,135 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: