Our unique analysis of the bills Keller sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Keller is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Keller was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6138 (109th): Third Higher Education Extension Act of 2006
- H.R. 5603 (109th): Second Higher Education Extension Act of 2006
- H.R. 3169 (109th): Pell Grant Hurricane and Disaster Relief Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Keller sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (17%) Crime and Law Enforcement (16%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Families (9%) Law (9%) Commerce (8%)
Some of Keller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6167 (110th): Prevention and Deterrence of Crimes Against Children Act of 2008
- H.R. 4005 (110th): Capturing On-line Predators Act of 2007
- H.R. 3479 (110th): ADA Notification Act of 2007
- H.R. 3150 (110th): Anti-Gang Enforcement Act of 2007
- H.R. 1689 (110th): Curb Illegal Downloading on College Campuses Act of 2007
- H.R. 1615 (110th): Securing Aircraft Cockpits Against Lasers Act of 2007
- H.R. 1522 (110th): One-stop Student Financial Aid Information Act of 2007
|Keller’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6578 (110th): Consumer Energy Supply Act of 2008
Jul 24, 2008. Failed 268/157.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.R. 3355 (110th): Homeowners’ Defense Act of 2007
Nov 8, 2007. Passed 258/155.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2008, Keller missed 212 of 5,307 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 36 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: