2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Blumenthal »
Our unique analysis of the bills Blumenthal has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Blumenthal is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Richard Blumenthal sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Member, Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Blumenthal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (23%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Health (17%) Taxation (15%) Commerce (7%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) Transportation and Public Works (6%) Education (6%)
Some of Blumenthal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2897: A bill to amend title 9, United States Code, with respect to arbitration.
- S. 2833: Visa Transparency Anti-Trafficking Act of 2016
- S. 2813: Multi-State Worker Tax Fairness Act of 2016
- S.Res. 421: A resolution congratulating the University of Connecticut Women’s Basketball Team for winning the ...
- S. 2747: Elder Protection and Abuse Prevention Act
- S. 2620: A bill to facilitate the addition of park administration at the Coltsville National ...
- S. 2594: A bill to provide for the discoverability and admissibility of gun trace information ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2016, Blumenthal missed 17 of 1,547 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: