Our unique analysis of the bills Blumenthal has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Blumenthal is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Blumenthal for more statistics.
Richard Blumenthal sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Member, Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Blumenthal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (23%) Health (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Taxation (15%) Transportation and Public Works (7%) Commerce (7%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Blumenthal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 581: No Vote No Recess Resolution
- S.Res. 573: A resolution designating October 8, 2016, as “National Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Day”.
- S.Res. 579: A resolution recognizing the 40th Anniversary of the first class of women admitted ...
- S. 3328: Department of Veterans Affairs Appeals Modernization Act of 2016
- S. 3277: Remedies for Refusal of Repatriation Act
- S. 3259: Forensic Science and Standards Act of 2016
- S.Con.Res. 48: A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that the Italian Supreme Court ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Blumenthal missed 18 of 1,629 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: