Bryan is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2000 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bryan sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 1995 to Dec 15, 2000. See full analysis methodology.
Bryan was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- S. 439 (106th): An Act to amend the National Forest and Public Lands of Nevada Enhancement Act of 1988 to adjust the boundary of the Toiyabe National Forest, Nevada, and ...
- S. 2728 (106th): A bill to authorize the Forest Service to convey certain lands in the Lake Tahoe Basin to the Washoe County School District for use as an elementary ...
- S.J.Res. 327 (102nd): A joint resolution to designate October 8, 1992, as “National Firefighters Day”.
- S.J.Res. 148 (102nd): A joint resolution designating October 8, 1991, as “National Firefighters Day”.
- S. 605 (101st): Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 1990
- S. 3237 (101st): Silver Coin Proof Sets Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bryan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (17%) Energy (16%) Law (12%) Environmental Protection (12%) Commerce (9%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Sports and Recreation (9%)
Some of Bryan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2963 (106th): Consumer Awareness of Market-Based Drug Prices Act of 2000
- S.Res. 326 (106th): A resolution designating the Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Nevada, as the ...
- S. 2728 (106th): A bill to authorize the Forest Service to convey certain lands in ...
- S. 2678 (106th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to treat ...
- S. 2273 (106th): Black Rock Desert-High Rock Canyon Emigrant Trails National Conservation Area Act of ...
- S. 1280 (106th): A bill terminate the exemption of certain contractors and other entities from ...
- S. 683 (106th): Independent Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage Act of 1999
From Jan 1989 to Dec 2000, Bryan missed 19 of 4,115 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: