Our unique analysis of the bills Bryan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bryan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bryan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (17%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Energy (16%) Environmental Protection (12%) Law (12%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Sports and Recreation (9%) Commerce (9%)
Some of Bryan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2963 (106th): Consumer Awareness of Market-Based Drug Prices Act of 2000
- S.Res. 326 (106th): A resolution designating the Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, Nevada, as the ...
- S. 2728 (106th): A bill to authorize the Forest Service to convey certain lands in ...
- S. 2678 (106th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to treat ...
- S. 2273 (106th): Black Rock Desert-High Rock Canyon Emigrant Trails National Conservation Area Act of ...
- S. 1280 (106th): A bill terminate the exemption of certain contractors and other entities from ...
- S. 683 (106th): Independent Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage Act of 1999
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1989 to Dec 2000, Bryan missed 19 of 4,115 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 1.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: