Our unique analysis of the bills Burr has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Burr is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Burr for more statistics.
Richard Burr sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Burr sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Burr’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3378: Eastern North Carolina Gateway Act of 2016
- S. 3338: Small Business Employee Retirement Savings Act of 2016
- S.Con.Res. 44: A concurrent resolution recognizing the sunflower as the flower for military caregivers.
- S.Res. 507: A resolution designating July 8, 2016, as Collector Car Appreciation Day and recognizing ...
- S. 3055: Department of Veterans Affairs Dental Insurance Reauthorization Act of 2016
- S. 3017: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017
- S. 2869: Boost Saving for College Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2016, Burr missed 99 of 3,631 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: