Sen. Richard Burr
Senator from North Carolina
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||North Carolina's 5th District|
2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Burr »
Our unique analysis of the bills Burr has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Burr is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Richard Burr sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Some of Burr’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 559: A bill to prohibit the Secretary of Education from engaging in regulatory overreach ...
- S.Res. 79: A resolution honoring Dean Edwards Smith, former head coach for the men’s basketball ...
- S. 409: Military Sex Offender Reporting Act of 2015
- S. 338: A bill to permanently reauthorize the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- S.Res. 55: An original resolution authorizing expenditures by the Select Committee on Intelligence.
- S. 215: Child and Dependent Care FSA Enhancement Act
- S. 2997: Child and Dependent Care FSA Enhancement Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Feb 2015, Burr missed 96 of 3,204 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43
Sen. Burr [R-NC]: YeaMar 2, 2015 5:30 p.m.
Cloture on the Motion to Proceed Rejected 57/42
Sen. Burr [R-NC]: YeaFeb 27, 2015 11:29 a.m.
Bill Passed 68/31
Sen. Burr [R-NC]: NayFeb 27, 2015 11:10 a.m.
Amendment Agreed to 66/33
Sen. Burr [R-NC]: NayFeb 27, 2015 10:52 a.m.