Our unique analysis of the bills Cheney sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1990. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cheney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Cheney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cheney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1001 (101st): To clarify that charges and fees may be collected in connection with ...
- H.Res. 561 (100th): A resolution directing the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct to conduct ...
- H.R. 1679 (100th): Acid Deposition Control Act of 1985
- H.R. 1434 (100th): A bill to amend section 402 of the Surface Mining Control and ...
- H.R. 1089 (100th): A bill to amend the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of ...
- H.R. 1066 (100th): Energy Security Policy Act of 1987
- H.R. 712 (100th): A bill for the relief of Lawrence K. Lunt.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Mar 1989, Cheney missed 574 of 4,830 roll call votes, which is 11.9%. This is much worse than the median of 4.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Mar 1989. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills