Our unique analysis of the bills Clark sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1978. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Clark is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Clark sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Agriculture and Food (18%) International Affairs (17%) Private Legislation (14%) Social Welfare (8%) Labor and Employment (7%) Health (7%) Housing and Community Development (6%)
Some of Clark’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3297 (95th): Rural Development Coordination Act
- S. 3298 (95th): Rural Development Consolidation Act
- S. 2968 (95th): Agricultural Export Expansion Act
- S. 2912 (95th): Agricultural Act
- S. 2758 (95th): A bill to amend the Commodity Exchange Act to prevent conflicts of ...
- S. 2487 (95th): Rural Health Needs Planning Act
- S. 2356 (95th): A bill for the relief of Margaret Duff.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Oct 1978, Clark missed 255 of 3,605 roll call votes, which is 7.1%. This is better than the median of 12.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills