Our unique analysis of the bills Hanna has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hanna is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hanna for more statistics.
Richard Hanna sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Small Business
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Joint Economic Committee
Hanna sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (25%) Commerce (16%) Finance and Financial Sector (13%) International Affairs (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%) Social Sciences and History (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Health (6%)
Some of Hanna’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 925: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the vital role the ...
- H.Res. 870: Recognizing the 200th anniversary of the Remington Arms Company.
- H.Res. 852: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives on the challenges posed to ...
- H.R. 5064: Improving Small Business Cyber Security Act of 2016
- H.Res. 654: Recognizing and supporting the goals of “World Sleep Day”, on March 18, 2016.
- H.R. 4625: Firefighter Cancer Registry Act of 2016
- H.R. 4317: PROS Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Hanna’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Con.Res. 112: Expressing the sense of Congress opposing the President’s proposed $10 tax on every barrel of oil.
Jun 10, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1806: America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2015
May 20, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Hanna missed 271 of 4,129 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 19 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: