Our unique analysis of the bills Hanna has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hanna is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hanna for more statistics.
Richard Hanna sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Small Business
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Joint Economic Committee
Hanna sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (24%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Finance and Financial Sector (15%) Transportation and Public Works (12%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%) Social Sciences and History (9%) International Affairs (9%) Commerce (9%)
Some of Hanna’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5064: Improving Small Business Cyber Security Act of 2016
- H.Res. 654: Recognizing and supporting the goals of “World Sleep Day”, on March 18, 2016.
- H.R. 4625: Firefighter Cancer Registry Act of 2016
- H.R. 4317: PROS Act of 2016
- H.Res. 535: Condemning in the strongest terms the terrorist attacks in Beirut, Lebanon, on November ...
- H.R. 3570: STEM Education Opportunity Act
- H.R. 3533: Water System Cost Savings Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Hanna missed 258 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 6.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 19 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: