Read our 2016 Report Card for Hanna.
Hanna is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hanna sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Hanna was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1071 (113th): To specify the size of the precious-metal blanks that will be used in the production of the National Baseball Hall of Fame commemorative coins.
- H.R. 2527 (112th): National Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 2244 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 67 Castle Street in Geneva, New York, as the “Corporal Steven Blaine Riccione Post Office”.
- H.R. 2061 (112th): Civilian Service Recognition Act of 2011
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hanna sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (25%) Commerce (16%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) International Affairs (12%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%) Social Sciences and History (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Health (6%)
Some of Hanna’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 925 (114th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the vital role ...
- H.Res. 870 (114th): Recognizing the 200th anniversary of the Remington Arms Company.
- H.Res. 852 (114th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives on the challenges posed ...
- H.R. 5064 (114th): Improving Small Business Cyber Security Act of 2016
- H.Res. 654 (114th): Recognizing and supporting the goals of “World Sleep Day”, on March 18, ...
- H.R. 4625 (114th): Firefighter Cancer Registry Act of 2016
- H.R. 4317 (114th): PROS Act of 2016
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Hanna missed 271 of 4,135 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: