Read our 2018 Report Card for Hudson.
Hudson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hudson has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 16, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Richard Hudson sits on the following committees:
Hudson was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5599: Animal Health and Innovation Act of 2018
- H.R. 3369 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 225 North Main Street in Spring Lake, North Carolina, as the “Howard B. Pate, Jr. ...
- H.R. 3477: Ceiling Fan Energy Conservation Harmonization Act
- H.R. 304: Protecting Patient Access to Emergency Medications Act of 2017
- H.R. 3923 (114th): To provide for a report that develops recommended United States energy security valuation methods.
- H.R. 5462 (113th): To amend title 49, United States Code, to provide for limitations on the fees charged to passengers of air carriers.
- H.R. 2719 (113th): Transportation Security Acquisition Reform Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hudson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hudson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3656: To improve patient access to health care services and provide improved medical care ...
- H.R. 2856: Protect Medicaid Act
- H.R. 23: Care Veterans Deserve Act of 2019
- H.R. 38: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2019
- H.R. 39: Federal Sunset Act of 2019
- H.Res. 1009: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the lack of timely ...
- H.R. 5747: Special Operations Forces Tax Cut Act of 2018
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2019, Hudson missed 223 of 4,232 roll call votes, which is 5.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: