Read our 2019 Report Card for Hudson.
Hudson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hudson has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Feb 25, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Richard Hudson sits on the following committees:
Hudson was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5599: Animal Health and Innovation Act of 2018
- H.R. 3369 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 225 North Main Street in Spring Lake, North Carolina, as the “Howard B. Pate, Jr. ...
- H.R. 3477: Ceiling Fan Energy Conservation Harmonization Act
- H.R. 304: Protecting Patient Access to Emergency Medications Act of 2017
- H.R. 3923 (114th): To provide for a report that develops recommended United States energy security valuation methods.
- H.R. 5462 (113th): To amend title 49, United States Code, to provide for limitations on the fees charged to passengers of air carriers.
- H.R. 2719 (113th): Transportation Security Acquisition Reform Act
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hudson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hudson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5701: Care for the Veteran Caregiver Act
- H.R. 5555: Care Veterans Deserve Act of 2020
- H.R. 4693: Department of Veterans Affairs Electronic Health Record Advisory Committee Act
- H.R. 3656: ACCESS Act of 2019
- H.R. 2856: Protect Medicaid Act
- H.R. 23: Care Veterans Deserve Act of 2019
- H.R. 38: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2019
From Jan 2013 to Feb 2020, Hudson missed 246 of 4,513 roll call votes, which is 5.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: