Our unique analysis of the bills Hudson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hudson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Hudson for more statistics.
Richard Hudson sits on the following committees:
Hudson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Transportation and Public Works (18%) Labor and Employment (18%) Native Americans (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Taxation (12%)
Some of Hudson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5262: Care Veterans Deserve Act of 2016
- H.R. 4749: NC OFFSHORE Act
- H.R. 4365: Protecting Patient Access to Emergency Medications Act of 2016
- H.R. 3999: American SAFE Act of 2015
- H.R. 3923: To provide for a report that develops recommended United States energy security valuation ...
- H.R. 986: Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2015
- H.R. 186: Farmers Against Crippling Taxes Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Hudson missed 116 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 17 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: