Ichord was the representative for Missouri’s 8th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1961 to 1980.
Ichord is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ichord sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ichord was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 15136 (94th): Supplemental Authorization Act for Military Construction on Guam
- H.R. 14846 (94th): Military Construction Authorization Act
- H.R. 1402 (94th): A bill for the relief of John W. Hollis.
- H.R. 1313 (94th): An Act to authorize the Secretary of Transportation to release restrictions on the use of certain property conveyed to the city of Rolla, Missouri, for airport purposes.
- H.R. 10212 (93rd): An Act to designate the Veterans’ Administration hospital in Columbia, Missouri, as the “Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital”; to amend title 38, United States Code, to ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Ichord sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (13%) Private Legislation (13%) Social Welfare (13%) Housing and Community Development (9%) International Affairs (9%) Emergency Management (8%)
Some of Ichord’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 116 (96th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress on the nonenforcement ...
- H.R. 2811 (96th): A bill to terminate authorization of the Meramec Park Lake portion of ...
- H.Con.Res. 73 (96th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress on the nonenforcement ...
- H.R. 1966 (96th): Combined Social Security and Income Tax Annual Reporting Amendments of 1979
- H.R. 1417 (96th): A bill to terminate the authorization of the Union Lake flood control ...
- H.R. 1416 (96th): Beverage Container Reuse and Recycling Act of 1979
- H.R. 1487 (96th): A bill for the relief of Luis Acosta, doctor of medicine, Nereida ...
From Jan 1961 to Dec 1980, Ichord missed 815 of 7,602 roll call votes, which is 10.7%. This is on par with the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills