Our unique analysis of the bills Kelly sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kelly is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Kelly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6262 (96th): A bill to amend title 17, United States Code, to authorize the ...
- H.R. 6222 (96th): A bill to prohibit the importation into the United States of certain ...
- H.R. 5364 (96th): A bill to provide a tax exemption for the sale of gasoline ...
- H.J.Res. 310 (96th): A joint resolution disapproving and invalidating regulations of the Department of Housing ...
- H.R. 1972 (96th): A bill to amend the Export-Import Bank Act of 1945 to reestablish ...
- H.R. 1973 (96th): A bill to amend the Trade Act to reestablish government-to-government relations and ...
- H.R. 1859 (96th): A bill to amend the Trade Act to reestablish government-to-government relations and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Kelly missed 288 of 4,089 roll call votes, which is 7.0%. This is on par with the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills