Our unique analysis of the bills Lehman sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lehman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Lehman was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 239 (103rd): To amend the Stock Raising Homestead Act to resolve certain problems regarding subsurface estates, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 355 (102nd): Reclamation States Emergency Drought Relief Act of 1991
- H.R. 2809 (101st): An Act to provide for the conveyance of certain lands to the State of California, and for other purposes.
- H.J.Res. 398 (101st): To commemorate the centennial of the creation by Congress of Yosemite National Park.
- H.R. 4962 (101st): 1992 Olympic Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 799 (100th): A bill to designate a segment of the Kings River in California as a wild and scenic river.
- H.R. 3085 (99th): A bill to clear title to certain lands along the California-Nevada boundary.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Lehman sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Environmental Protection (23%) Water Resources Development (13%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Energy (8%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%)
Some of Lehman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5150 (103rd): To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act concerning the eligibility of ...
- H.R. 5099 (103rd): To amend the Reclamation States Emergency Drought Relief Act of 1991 to ...
- H.R. 5013 (103rd): Classroom Technology Act of 1994
- H.R. 4225 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to prevent fraudulent claims ...
- H.R. 4142 (103rd): Humanitarian Aid Corridor Act
- H.R. 4068 (103rd): California Forest Ecosystems Health Act
- H.R. 3967 (103rd): Helium Act of 1994
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Nov 1994, Lehman missed 477 of 5,693 roll call votes, which is 8.4%. This is much worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills