Our unique analysis of the bills Nolan has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Nolan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Nolan for more statistics.
Richard Nolan sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Nolan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (31%) Transportation and Public Works (17%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (10%) Native Americans (7%) Health (7%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%)
Some of Nolan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 913: Supporting a Federal, publically-funded universal school meal and nutrition program.
- H.R. 6014: To allow the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration to enter into reimbursable ...
- H.R. 5342: Fair COLA for Seniors Act of 2016
- H.R. 5263: Women and Lung Cancer Research and Preventive Services Act of 2016
- H.R. 4944: To modify the boundary of Voyageurs National Park in the State of Minnesota, ...
- H.R. 4572: Workforce Training Enhancement Act of 2016
- H.R. 4196: Trade Enforcement Improvement Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Nolan’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1356: A bill to clarify that certain provisions of the Border Patrol Agent Pay Reform Act of 2014 will ...
Nov 5, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1731: National Cybersecurity Protection Advancement Act of 2015
Apr 23, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 162: Calling on the President to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Mar 23, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 636: America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2015
Feb 13, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 1975 to Dec 2016, Nolan missed 798 of 6,596 roll call votes, which is 12.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 15 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills