Our unique analysis of the bills Pombo sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Pombo is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Pombo sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Environmental Protection (12%) Law (11%) Commerce (11%) Transportation and Public Works (8%) Water Resources Development (8%)
Some of Pombo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6193 (109th): EAT Healthy America Act
- H.R. 6014 (109th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Bureau of ...
- H.R. 5946 (109th): Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Reauthorization Act of 2006
- H.Con.Res. 456 (109th): Providing for a correction to the enrollment of the bill, S. 203.
- H.R. 5697 (109th): Federal Wildland Firefighter Classification Act
- H.R. 5622 (109th): Coral Reef Conservation Legacy Act of 2006
- H.R. 5539 (109th): North American Wetlands Conservation Reauthorization Act of 2006
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2006, Pombo missed 242 of 8,294 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: