Our unique analysis of the bills Schweiker sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1980. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Schweiker is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Schweiker sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Schweiker’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2983 (96th): Venture and Equity Capital Revitalization Act of 1980
- S. 2642 (96th): A bill to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to provide that ...
- S. 2580 (96th): A bill to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to provide procedures ...
- S. 2319 (96th): Affirmative Action Program Improvements Act of 1980
- S. 2286 (96th): Youth Career Intern Program Act
- S.J.Res. 128 (96th): A joint resolution to authorize and request the President to proclaim the ...
- S. 2169 (96th): A bill for the relief of William Kubrick.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1969 to Dec 1980, Schweiker missed 245 of 6,280 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is better than the median of 9.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills