Our unique analysis of the bills Swett sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Swett is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Swett sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Environmental Protection (19%) Energy (14%) Science, Technology, Communications (14%) Commerce (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Education (8%)
Some of Swett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4564 (103rd): Fusion Energy Research Accountability Act of 1994
- H.R. 3934 (103rd): To amend title 28, United States Code, to provide that district courts ...
- H.R. 3867 (103rd): Foster Care Living Arrangements Act of 1994
- H.R. 3531 (103rd): Greener Government Act of 1993
- H.R. 3530 (103rd): Environmental Technology Demonstration Act of 1993
- H.R. 3529 (103rd): Environmental Excellence Recognition Act of 1993
- H.R. 3371 (103rd): Federal Cogeneration Act of 1993
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Nov 1994, Swett missed 71 of 2,054 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is on par with the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: