Our unique analysis of the bills White sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). White is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
White sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (28%) Law (18%) Science, Technology, Communications (18%) Commerce (8%) Economics and Public Finance (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) Water Resources Development (7%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Some of White’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4294 (105th): To amend the Elwha River Ecosystem and Fisheries Restoration Act to provide ...
- H.R. 3582 (105th): Campaign Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1998
- H.R. 3502 (105th): Independent Commission on Campaign Finance Reform Act of 1998
- H.R. 3174 (105th): Electronic Campaign Disclosure Act of 1998
- H.R. 2372 (105th): Internet Protection Act of 1997
- H.R. 1839 (105th): National Salvage Motor Vehicle Consumer Protection Act of 1997
- H.R. 1689 (105th): Securities Litigation Uniform Standards Act of 1998
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 1998, White missed 64 of 2,527 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills