Zimmer was a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Zimmer’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Zimmer’s bills had a total of 237 cosponsors in the 104th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Zimmer to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Zimmer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3974 (104th): To amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 to prohibit the provision ...
- H.R. 3781 (104th): To require the National Telecommunications and Information Administration to update its report ...
- H.R. 3456 (104th): Pam Lychner Sexual Offender Tracking and Identification Act of 1996
- H.R. 3319 (104th): To require that the United States promptly sue for recovery of costs ...
- H.R. 3257 (104th): To develop model curricula appropriate for elementary and secondary students.
- H.Res. 361 (104th): Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to prohibit foreign travel ...
- H.R. 2960 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that amounts ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Sep 1996, Zimmer missed 53 of 3,394 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills