Read our 2019 Report Card for Allen.
Allen is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Allen has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 20, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rick Allen sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and Labor
Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions subcommittees
- Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education subcommittee Ranking Member
- House Committee on Agriculture
Allen was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3946 (115th): An Act to name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Statesboro, Georgia, the Ray Hendrix Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Allen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Allen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7736: Educational Flexibility for Families Act
- H.R. 7442: To extend the authorization for Augusta Canal National Heritage Area.
- H.Res. 247: Recognizing the 50th anniversary of The Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University.
- H.R. 60: BARN Act
- H.R. 59: Transparency and Accountability of Failed Exchanges Act
- H.Res. 610 (115th): Expressing support for the designation of November 9, 2017, as “National Diabetes ...
- H.R. 3946 (115th): An Act to name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic ...
From Jan 2015 to Nov 2020, Allen missed 34 of 3,463 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: