Our unique analysis of the bills Hill sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hill is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hill was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1124 (106th): Fort Peck Reservation Rural Water System Act of 2000
- H.R. 795 (106th): Chippewa Cree Tribe of the Rocky Boy’s Reservation Indian Reserved Water Rights Settlement and Water Supply Enhancement Act of 1999
- H.R. 158 (106th): To designate the Federal Courthouse located at 316 North 26th Street in Billings, Montana, as the “James F. Battin Federal Courthouse”.
- H.R. 3381 (105th): Gallatin Land Consolidation Act of 1998
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hill sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Law (19%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Water Resources Development (12%) Housing and Community Development (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Agriculture and Food (10%)
Some of Hill’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5041 (106th): To establish the boundaries and classification of a segment of the Missouri ...
- H.R. 4912 (106th): To require the conveyance of certain real property under the jurisdiction of ...
- H.R. 4851 (106th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make a technical ...
- H.R. 4521 (106th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to authorize and provide funding ...
- H.R. 3685 (106th): USDA Civil Rights Resolution Act of 2000
- H.R. 2974 (106th): Lower Yellowstone Irrigation Project Facilities Conveyance Act of 1999
- H.R. 1698 (106th): USDA Grade Rescission Act of 1999
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2000, Hill missed 55 of 2,401 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: