Read our 2017 Report Card for Larsen.
Larsen is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Larsen has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rick Larsen sits on the following committees:
Larsen was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5957 (114th): Federal Aviation Administration Veteran Transition Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 4302 (112th): Export-Import Bank Reauthorization Act of 2012
- H.R. 6184 (111th): To amend the Water Resources Development Act of 2000 to extend and modify the program allowing the Secretary of the Army to accept and expend funds contributed ...
- H.R. 4165 (111th): To extend through December 31, 2010, the authority of the Secretary of the Army to accept and expend funds contributed by non-Federal public entities to expedite the ...
- H.R. 3910 (111th): Longline Catcher Processor Subsector Single Fishery Cooperative Act
- H.R. 886 (110th): Wild Sky Wilderness Act of 2007
- H.R. 1937 (107th): Pacific Northwest Feasibility Studies Act of 2002
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Larsen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (33%) Transportation and Public Works (17%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Native Americans (10%) Taxation (7%) Commerce (7%) International Affairs (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%)
Some of Larsen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3720: Rural Veterans Travel Enhancement Act of 2017
- H.R. 3550: Signing is Language Act
- H.R. 2854: America Votes Act of 2017
- H.R. 2320: Samish Indian Nation Land Conveyance Act of 2017
- H.R. 1681: Women Veterans and Families Health Services Act of 2017
- H.R. 1636: School Safety Act of 2017
- H.R. 1050: Youth Access to American Jobs Act of 2017
|Larsen’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 937: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (S. 2943) to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2017 for military activities of the Department ...
Dec 1, 2016. Passed 277/139.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.Res. 305: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 1314) to amend the Internal Revenue Code ...
Jun 11, 2015. Passed 217/212.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3078 (112th): United States-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Passed 262/167.
H.R. 2218 (112th): Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act
Sep 13, 2011. Passed 365/54.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 328 (111th): DTV Delay Act
Jan 28, 2009. Failed 258/168.
From Jan 2001 to Apr 2018, Larsen missed 272 of 11,954 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: