Read our 2016 Report Card for Larsen.
Our unique analysis of the bills Larsen has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Larsen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rick Larsen sits on the following committees:
Larsen was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5957 (114th): Federal Aviation Administration Veteran Transition Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 4302 (112th): Export-Import Bank Reauthorization Act of 2012
- H.R. 2972 (112th): Creating American Jobs Through Foreign Capital Investment Act
- H.R. 6184 (111th): To amend the Water Resources Development Act of 2000 to extend and modify the program allowing the Secretary of the Army to accept and expend funds contributed ...
- H.R. 4165 (111th): To extend through December 31, 2010, the authority of the Secretary of the Army to accept and expend funds contributed by non-Federal public entities to expedite the ...
- H.R. 3910 (111th): Longline Catcher Processor Subsector Single Fishery Cooperative Act
- H.R. 1937 (107th): Pacific Northwest Feasibility Studies Act of 2002
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Larsen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Transportation and Public Works (17%) Native Americans (14%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Taxation (7%) Commerce (7%) International Affairs (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%)
Some of Larsen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2320: Samish Indian Nation Land Conveyance Act of 2017
- H.R. 1681: Women Veterans and Families Health Services Act of 2017
- H.R. 1636: School Safety Act of 2017
- H.R. 1050: Youth Access to American Jobs Act of 2017
- H.R. 966: TIGER CUBS Act
- H.R. 793: Ensuring Sound Military and Intelligence Advice Act of 2017
- H.Res. 911 (114th): Expressing appreciation during “Domestic Violence Action Month” to all the providers of ...
|Larsen’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.Res. 937: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (S. 2943) to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2017 for military activities of the Department ...
Dec 1, 2016. Passed 277/139.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.Res. 305: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 1314) to amend the Internal Revenue Code ...
Jun 11, 2015. Passed 217/212.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3078 (112th): United States-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Passed 262/167.
H.R. 2218 (112th): Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act
Sep 13, 2011. Passed 365/54.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 328 (111th): DTV Delay Act
Jan 28, 2009. Failed 258/168.
From Jan 2001 to May 2017, Larsen missed 246 of 11,382 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: