Our unique analysis of the bills Renzi sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Renzi is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Renzi was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 797 (109th): Native American Housing Enhancement Act of 2005
- H.R. 1630 (108th): Petrified Forest National Park Expansion Act of 2004
- H.R. 4471 (108th): Homeownership Opportunities for Native Americans Act of 2004
- H.R. 2696 (108th): Southwest Forest Health and Wildfire Prevention Act of 2004
- H.R. 3504 (108th): To amend the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act to redesignate the American Indian Education Foundation as the National Fund for Excellence in American Indian Education.
- H.R. 622 (108th): To provide for the exchange of certain lands in the Coconino and Tonto National Forests in Arizona, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3365 (108th): Military Family Tax Relief Act of 2003
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Renzi sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (16%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Housing and Community Development (12%) Law (11%) Social Welfare (10%) Native Americans (9%) Environmental Protection (8%)
Some of Renzi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2541 (110th): Tribal Economic Development and Infrastructure Support Act of 2007
- H.R. 1831 (110th): To remove the frequency limitation on Medicare coverage for intermittent catheterization.
- H.Res. 278 (110th): Recognizing the 125th anniversary of Payson, Arizona.
- H.R. 1558 (110th): Walnut Canyon Study Act of 2007
- H.R. 1191 (110th): To authorize the National Park Service to pay for services rendered by ...
- H.R. 956 (110th): To repeal section 10(f) of Public Law 93-531, commonly known as the ...
- H.R. 199 (110th): Fossil Creek Wild and Scenic River Act of 2007
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2008, Renzi missed 178 of 4,311 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: