Scott is the junior senator from Florida and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 8, 2019. Scott is next up for reelection in 2024.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rick Scott sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Science, Oceans, Fisheries, and Weather
- Member, Subcommittee on Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2697: Tariff Tax Credit Act of 2019
- S. 2708: Threat Information Protocol for Sharing Act of 2019
- S. 2631: Identity Theft Victims Protection Act of 2019
- S. 2559: Student Training and Education Metrics Act of 2019
- S. 2502: American Security Drone Act of 2019
- S. 2476: Hurricane Dorian Charitable Giving Act
- S. 2421: Disaster Contract Transparency Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2019, Scott missed 6 of 385 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: