Scott is the junior senator from Florida and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 8, 2019. Scott is next up for reelection in 2024.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rick Scott sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Science, Oceans, Fisheries, and Weather
- Member, Subcommittee on Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2476: A bill to provide a temporary increase in the limitation on deductible contributions ...
- S. 2421: Disaster Contract Transparency Act of 2019
- S. 2320: Peace Corps Mission Accountability Act
- S. 2208: PRIME Act
- S. 2173: Coast Guard Drug Detection and Interdiction Act
- S.Res. 278: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding Turkey’s purchase of the ...
- S.Res. 246: A resolution honoring the memory of the victims of the heinous attack at ...
From Jan 2019 to Sep 2019, Scott missed 6 of 281 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: