Scott is the junior senator from Florida and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 8, 2019. Scott is next up for reelection in 2024.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Scott.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rick Scott sits on the following committees:
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3573: A bill to require personal protective equipment to be included in the strategic ...
- S. 3498: A bill to require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to reimburse ...
- S. 3439: Lower Health Insurance Deductibles Act
- S. 3409: Secure United States Bases Act
- S.Res. 526: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the International Olympic Committee ...
- S.J.Res. 70: A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States ...
- S. 3290: Medical License Verification Act
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2020, Scott missed 14 of 508 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: