Scott is the junior senator from Florida and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 8, 2019. Scott is next up for reelection in 2024.
Rick Scott sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Science, Oceans, Fisheries, and Weather
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1151: A bill to prohibit contracting with persons that have business operations with the ...
- S.Res. 147: A resolution honoring the memory of Jereima “Jeri” Bustamante on the 1-year anniversary ...
- S. 977: Transparent Drug Pricing Act of 2019
|Scott’s Vote||Vote Description|
On the Nomination PN211: Roy Kalman Altman, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of Florida
Apr 4, 2019. Nomination Confirmed 66/33.
H.J.Res. 31: Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019
Feb 14, 2019. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
This bill, in its final form, funded the parts of the federal government whose funding was to lapse on February 15, 2019. On December 22, 2018 the 115th Congress was unable to reach a deal to fund some federal agencies through fiscal year 2019 after ...
From Jan 2019 to Apr 2019, Scott missed 2 of 77 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: