Scott is the junior senator from Florida and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 8, 2019. Scott is next up for reelection in 2024.
Rick Scott sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, Innovation, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Science, Oceans, Fisheries, and Weather
- Member, Subcommittee on Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation and Safety
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 246: A resolution honoring the memory of the victims of the heinous attack at ...
- S. 1664: Prescription Drug Price Reporting Act
- S.J.Res. 21: A joint resolution proposing amendments to the Constitution of the United States relative ...
- S. 1444: A bill to repeal the provision of law that provides automatic pay adjustments ...
- S. 1266: Protecting Patients from Surprise Medical Bills Act
- S. 1151: Venezuelan Contracting Restriction Act
- S.Res. 147: A resolution honoring the memory of Jereima “Jeri” Bustamante on the 1-year anniversary ...
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2019, Scott missed 5 of 171 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is worse than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: