Scott is the junior senator from Florida and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 8, 2019. Scott is next up for reelection in 2024 and serves until Jan 3, 2025.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Scott.
Scott is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 3, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rick Scott sits on the following committees:
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 767: A resolution congratulating the Tampa Bay Lightning for winning the 2020 Stanley Cup ...
- S. 4797: Chinese-Backed Media Accountability Act
- S. 4707: Verifiable, Orderly, and Timely Election Results Act
- S. 4669: APP Act
- S. 4606: Taiwan Invasion Prevention Act
- S. 4592: Set Sail Safely Act
- S.Res. 697: A resolution expressing support for the brave men and women of our law ...
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2020, Scott missed 26 of 680 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: