Read our 2018 Report Card for Bishop.
Bishop is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bishop has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rob Bishop sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Natural Resources
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Indigenous Peoples of the United States
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Water, Oceans, and Wildlife
- House Committee on Armed Services
Bishop was the primary sponsor of 14 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 54: To designate the outstation of the Department of Veterans Affairs in North Ogden, Utah, as the Major Brent Taylor Vet Center Outstation.
- H.R. 5956: Northern Mariana Islands U.S. Workforce Act of 2018
- H.R. 1800: To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to transfer certain Federal land to facilitate scientific research supporting Federal space and defense programs.
- H.R. 5133: Federal Land Transaction Facilitation Act Reauthorization of 2018
- H.R. 4680 (114th): National Park Service Centennial Act
- H.R. 5468 (114th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to allow for prepayment of repayment obligations under Repayment Contracts between the United States and the Weber Basin Water Conservancy ...
- H.R. 356 (113th): Hill Creek Cultural Preservation and Energy Development Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bishop sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bishop’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2945: To provide for the indefinite duration of certain military land withdrawals, to improve ...
- H.R. 1664: National Monument CAP Act
- H.R. 1601: Daylight Act
- H.R. 1225: Restore Our Parks and Public Lands Act
- H.R. 742: Migratory Bird Framework and Hunting Opportunities for Veterans Act
- H.J.Res. 32: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to give States ...
- H.R. 644: Navajo Utah Water Rights Settlement Act of 2019
From Jan 2003 to May 2019, Bishop missed 754 of 11,542 roll call votes, which is 6.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: