2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Bishop »
Our unique analysis of the bills Bishop has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bishop is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rob Bishop sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Armed Services
Bishop sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bishop’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4739: Greater Sage Grouse Protection and Recovery Act of 2016
- H.R. 4680: National Park Service Centennial Act
- H.R. 4296: Youth Exchange Support Act of 2015
- H.R. 3764: Tribal Recognition Act of 2015
- H.R. 2710: Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act
- H.R. 1991: Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act Extension Act of 2015
- H.Res. 65: Providing amounts for the expenses of the Committee on Natural Resources in the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Apr 2016, Bishop missed 674 of 9,658 roll call votes, which is 7.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: