Read our 2019 Report Card for Bishop.
Bishop is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bishop has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Aug 7, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rob Bishop sits on the following committees:
Bishop was the primary sponsor of 14 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 54: To designate the outstation of the Department of Veterans Affairs in North Ogden, Utah, as the Major Brent Taylor Vet Center Outstation.
- H.R. 5956: Northern Mariana Islands U.S. Workforce Act of 2018
- H.R. 1800: To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to transfer certain Federal land to facilitate scientific research supporting Federal space and defense programs.
- H.R. 5133: Federal Land Transaction Facilitation Act Reauthorization of 2018
- H.R. 4680 (114th): National Park Service Centennial Act
- H.R. 5468 (114th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to allow for prepayment of repayment obligations under Repayment Contracts between the United States and the Weber Basin Water Conservancy ...
- H.R. 356 (113th): Hill Creek Cultural Preservation and Energy Development Act
Does 14 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bishop sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bishop’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7398: To establish the Western Emergency Refined Petroleum Products Reserve.
- H.Res. 845: Recognizing that international education and exchange programs further national security and foreign policy ...
- H.Res. 804: Recognizing the leading role of Utahns in the fight for women’s suffrage and ...
- H.R. 5493: To prohibit the Director of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service from ...
- H.R. 5474: Shawnee Wilderness Designation Act
- H.Res. 659: Affirming that States should maintain primacy for the regulation of hydraulic fracturing for ...
- H.R. 3703: Retired Military Member Appointments to the Department of Defense Act
From Jan 2003 to Jul 2020, Bishop missed 786 of 12,190 roll call votes, which is 6.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: