Our unique analysis of the bills Bishop has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bishop is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Bishop for more statistics.
Rob Bishop sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Armed Services
Bishop sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bishop’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5780: To provide greater conservation, recreation, economic development and local management of Federal lands ...
- H.R. 5781: To complement the Utah Public Lands Initiative by ensuring land use certainty in ...
- H.R. 5468: To direct the Secretary of the Interior to allow for prepayment of repayment ...
- H.Con.Res. 135: Directing the Secretary of the Senate to make technical corrections in the enrollment ...
- H.R. 5192: To amend title 49, United States Code, to provide for overflights of national ...
- H.J.Res. 92: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to give States ...
- H.R. 4739: Greater Sage Grouse Protection and Recovery Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Jul 2016, Bishop missed 688 of 9,957 roll call votes, which is 6.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: