Badham was the representative for California’s 40th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1977 to 1988.
Badham is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1988 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Badham sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1983 to Oct 22, 1988. See full analysis methodology.
Badham was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 718 (98th): A bill for the relief of Samuel C. Willett.
- H.J.Res. 283 (98th): A joint resolution designating the week beginning November 6, 1983 as “National Disabled Veterans Week”.
- H.R. 1372 (98th): An act to provide for the operation of certain foreign-built vessels in the coastwise trade of Alaska.
- H.R. 3126 (97th): An act to direct the Secretary of the department in which the United States Coast Guard is operating to cause the vessel Sky Lark to be documented ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Badham sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Badham’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5173 (100th): A bill for the relief of Ray F. Seuga.
- H.R. 2296 (100th): Los Angeles and San Diego Basins Air Safety Enhancement Act of 1987
- H.Res. 143 (100th): A resolution calling on the House of Representatives to resist all attempts ...
- H.R. 1764 (100th): A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to provide that the ...
- H.R. 1142 (100th): A bill to terminate the effect of provisions of the Voting Rights ...
- H.R. 951 (100th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore ...
- H.Con.Res. 372 (99th): A concurrent resolution commending King Hassan of Morocco and Prime Minister Peres ...
From Jan 1977 to Oct 1988, Badham missed 1,126 of 6,363 roll call votes, which is 17.7%. This is much worse than the median of 5.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills