Bennett is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2010 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bennett sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 24, 2005 to Dec 22, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Bennett was the primary sponsor of 21 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 865 (111th): A bill to provide for the sale of the Federal Government’s reversionary interest in approximately 60 acres of land in Salt Lake City, Utah, originally conveyed to ...
- S. 563 (111th): Utah Recreational Land Exchange Act of 2009
- S. 1876 (108th): Provo River Project Transfer Act
- S. 278 (108th): Mount Naomi Wilderness Boundary Adjustment Act
- S. 1427 (108th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2004
- S. 612 (108th): Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Boundary Revision Act
- S. 1240 (107th): Timpanogos Interagency Land Exchange Act
Does 21 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bennett sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (22%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Commerce (11%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Sports and Recreation (11%) Water Resources Development (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%)
Some of Bennett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 4047 (111th): FAST Deployment Act of 2010
- S. 3536 (111th): SAFER AIR Act of 2010
- S. 3385 (111th): American Energy and Western Jobs Act
- S. 3096 (111th): Economic Disaster Prevention Act of 2010
- S. 3083 (111th): Main Street Revitalization Act of 2010
- S. 3016 (111th): A bill to prohibit the further extension or establishment of national monuments ...
- S. 2980 (111th): A bill to protect the democratic process and the right of the ...
From Feb 1993 to Dec 2010, Bennett missed 206 of 6,233 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: