Our unique analysis of the bills Berry sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Berry is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Berry was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3634 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 109 Main Street in Swifton, Arkansas, as the “George Kell Post Office”.
- H.R. 4456 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2404 Race Street in Jonesboro, Arkansas, as the “Hattie W. Caraway Station”.
- H.R. 3059 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 304 West Michigan Street in Stuttgart, Arkansas, as the “Lloyd L. Burke Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Berry sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (28%) Health (23%) Agriculture and Food (17%) Social Welfare (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%) Emergency Management (6%) International Affairs (6%) Armed Forces and National Security (4%)
Some of Berry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1685 (111th): Recognizing the 20th anniversary of the annual September celebration of the harvest ...
- H.Res. 1399 (111th): Honoring the lives, and mourning the loss, of Sergeant Brandon Paudert and ...
- H.R. 5182 (111th): To help certain communities adversely affected by FEMA’s flood mapping modernization program.
- H.R. 4813 (111th): To provide for insurance reform (including health insurance reform), amend title XVIII ...
- H.R. 4177 (111th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2009
- H.R. 3979 (111th): Protecting Americans from Drug Marketing Act
- H.R. 3634 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2010, Berry missed 290 of 9,363 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: