Read our 2016 Report Card for Brady.
Our unique analysis of the bills Brady has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brady is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Robert Brady sits on the following committees:
Brady was the primary sponsor of 13 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 6399 (111th): To improve certain administrative operations of the Office of the Architect of the Capitol, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5682 (111th): To improve the operation of certain facilities and programs of the House of Representatives, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5683 (111th): To improve certain administrative operations of the Office of the Architect of the Capitol, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1299 (111th): United States Capitol Police Administrative Technical Corrections Act of 2009
- H.R. 3997 (111th): To permit each current member of the Board of Directors of the Office of Compliance to serve for 3 terms.
- H.R. 5159 (110th): Capitol Visitor Center Act of 2008
- H.R. 6296 (110th): To extend through 2013 the authority of the Federal Election Commission to impose civil money penalties on the basis of a schedule of penalties established and published ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Brady sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Brady’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2876: Automatic Voter Registration Act of 2017
- H.R. 794: EAC Reauthorization Act of 2017
- H.R. 5779 (114th): Automatic Voter Registration Act of 2016
- H.R. 5661 (114th): To establish the Flag Office Revolving Fund for services provided by the ...
- H.R. 5546 (114th): To preempt State laws preventing a major city from regulating firearm-related conduct ...
- H.Res. 745 (114th): Congratulating Einstein Healthcare Network on their 150th anniversary.
- H.R. 5264 (114th): To expand the uses of certain revolving funds of the Library of ...
|Brady’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
H.R. 5278: PROMESA
Jun 9, 2016. Passed 297/127.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 1731: National Cybersecurity Protection Advancement Act of 2015
Apr 23, 2015. Passed 355/63.
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From May 1998 to Jun 2017, Brady missed 589 of 13,005 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: