Our unique analysis of the bills Casey has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Casey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Casey for more statistics.
Robert “Bob” Casey Jr. sits on the following committees:
- Joint Economic Committee
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Member, Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Casey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Casey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3361: Pulmonary Hypertension Research and Diagnosis Act of 2016
- S. 3236: BENES Act of 2016
- S. 3133: Juvenile Fee Transparency Act
- S. 3125: Stop Terrorist Operational Resources and Money Act
- S. 3053: Hate Crimes Prevention Act
- S. 3046: STURDY Act
- S. 3016: Recovering Missing Children Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Sep 2016, Casey missed 33 of 2,980 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: