Read our 2016 Report Card for Casey.
Our unique analysis of the bills Casey has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Casey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Robert “Bob” Casey Jr. sits on the following committees:
Casey was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1878 (114th): Advancing Hope Act of 2016
- S. 1252 (114th): Global Food Security Act of 2016
- S. 2815 (114th): United States Semiquincentennial Commission Act of 2016
- S. 3016 (114th): Recovering Missing Children Act
- S. 2154 (113th): Emergency Medical Services for Children Reauthorization Act of 2014
- S. 1557 (113th): Children’s Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2013
- S. 3386 (112th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 320 7th Street in Ellwood City, Pennsylvania, as the “Sergeant Leslie H. Sabo, ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Casey sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Casey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 400: A bill to establish the Susquehanna National Heritage Area in the State of ...
- S. 358: A bill to establish a designation for jurisdictions permissive to terrorism financing, to ...
- S. 142: Community Economic Assistance Act of 2017
- S. 143: Military Spouse Job Continuity Act of 2017
- S. 144: Promise Zone Job Creation Act of 2017
- S. 3538 (114th): Prevent Trafficking in Cultural Property Act
- S. 3521 (114th): RISE Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Casey’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
H.R. 2642 (113th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013
Feb 4, 2014. Conference Report Agreed to 68/32.
H.R. 658 (112th): FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012
Feb 6, 2012. Conference Report Agreed to 75/20.
H.R. 3080 (112th): United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Bill Passed 83/15.
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010), also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act, was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
H.R. 2642 (110th): Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008
May 22, 2008. Motion Agreed to 70/26.
From Jan 2007 to Feb 2017, Casey missed 33 of 3,070 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is on par with the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: