Our unique analysis of the bills Clement sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Clement is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Clement’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 343 (107th): Expressing the sense of the Congress supporting music education and Music in ...
- H.R. 3536 (107th): Nursing Shortage State Response Act of 2001
- H.R. 3117 (107th): To suspend temporarily the duty on 1,3-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, 5-sulfo-1,3-dimethyl ester sodium salt.
- H.R. 2654 (107th): Transit Rail Accommodation Improvement and Needs Act for the 21st Century
- H.R. 2521 (107th): To permit States to place supplemental guide signs relating to veterans cemeteries ...
- H.R. 2378 (107th): To amend title II of the Social Security Act to increase the ...
- H.Con.Res. 64 (107th): Expressing the sense of the Congress supporting music education and Music in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1988 to Nov 2002, Clement missed 342 of 8,146 roll call votes, which is 4.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills