Our unique analysis of the bills Drinan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Drinan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Drinan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Drinan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8411 (96th): Nuclear Powerplant Cost Assurance Act of 1980
- H.R. 8285 (96th): Piracy and Counterfeiting Amendments Act of 1980
- H.R. 8065 (96th): A bill to amend title 18 of the United States Code to ...
- H.R. 8049 (96th): A bill to amend title 18 of the United States Code to ...
- H.R. 7817 (96th): A bill to amend or disapprove certain amendments to the Federal Rules ...
- H.R. 7473 (96th): A bill to amend the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure to provide ...
- H.R. 7019 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to increase ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1971 to Dec 1980, Drinan missed 163 of 5,816 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is better than the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills