Rep. Robert Edgar
Former Representative from Pennsylvania's 7th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Pennsylvania's 7th District
See Also: Bioguide
Edgar was a far-left Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Edgar’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Edgar’s bills had a total of 112 cosponsors in the 99th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Edgar to other members of the House of Representatives in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Edgar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5657 (99th): A bill to designate the Veterans’ Administration Medical Center located in Pittsburgh, ...
- H.R. 4623 (99th): Veterans’ Health-Care Amendments of 1986
- H.R. 3954 (99th): Economic Development National Mortgage Association Act
- H.R. 3726 (99th): Expedited Funds Availability Act
- H.R. 3596 (99th): School Facilities Child Care Act
- H.R. 3461 (99th): Biennial Budgeting Act of 1985
- H.R. 3462 (99th): A bill to require that the President transmit to the Congress, and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Oct 1986, Edgar missed 619 of 6,678 roll call votes, which is 9.3%. This is worse than the median of 5.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills