Our unique analysis of the bills Edgar sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Edgar is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Edgar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5657 (99th): A bill to designate the Veterans’ Administration Medical Center located in Pittsburgh, ...
- H.R. 4623 (99th): Veterans’ Health-Care Amendments of 1986
- H.R. 3954 (99th): Economic Development National Mortgage Association Act
- H.R. 3726 (99th): Expedited Funds Availability Act
- H.R. 3596 (99th): School Facilities Child Care Act
- H.R. 3461 (99th): Biennial Budgeting Act of 1985
- H.R. 3462 (99th): A bill to require that the President transmit to the Congress, and ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Oct 1986, Edgar missed 619 of 6,677 roll call votes, which is 9.3%. This is worse than the median of 5.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills