Good is the representative for Virginia’s 5th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2021. Good is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Good is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Good has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 17, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Robert “Bob” Good sits on the following committees:
Good sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Good’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3823: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to update the definition of ...
- H.R. 3704: To have education funds follow the student.
- H.R. 3465: To impose certain requirements relating to the renegotiation or reentry into the Joint ...
- H.Res. 389: Designating the week beginning November 8, 2021, as “National Pregnancy Center Week” to ...
- H.R. 3045: No Regulation Through Litigation Act of 2021
- H.R. 2879: Nickel Plan Act
- H.R. 2779: ALERT Act of 2021
From Jan 2021 to Jun 2021, Good missed 2 of 172 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: